Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Production Of Our eBooks

My two teenaged children are the ones who encourage me to write books and put them up for sale as eBooks, now that such a thing exists.

My daughter works with me, editing then proof-reading each book after it's written. She also does this on websites for writers, showing them how to improve their work.

The book is then sent to my son, and he formats it, which involves converting the rich text to HTML, then he adds the description and keywords, and then he uploads it to Amazon.

Each book needs a cover.

My daughter designed both covers to our anthologies, which she and I contributed to. Also, she designed my novel Linny using her own photography.

My son designed the Anna series using his 3D models and his own photography, and Poser.

Be Home By Noon was designed by my husband.

Fireden's Island is my son's and husband's 3D work, my son doing the water, the mangroves and the sky, my husband doing the fishing boat.

My latest book, still in the editing stage, has a cover already. My son used his father's classic 3D model of a `57 Chevy and chose the font and design for the rest.

It takes a family to make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment